Sunday 1 May 2016

Travelling to Italy: Part 3- Senigallia

Senigallia is a port city in the same province of Italy that Fabriano is in. Senigallia is situated along the Adriatic Sea. 
One of the days that I stayed in my friends house in Italy, his father had to go on a work trip to Senigallia, which I had never heard of but was excited to see what kind of a place it was and what it had to offer. It was said to be a nice place from the Italian people I had met and spoken to in Fabriano so it was definitely worth a visit.
It was the evening to go and I packed my little suitcase and we left quite early for Senigallia. My friends father is the head teacher of a few schools, like an
external examiner, for a few schools in the region. It was a nice evening, sun was setting and the breeze was just nice. We packed up and made sure we had food for the night and for the whole weekend. It was a priority to have food. The three of us took off and headed further east to the port city.
The drive took a good hour but it wasn't as long as driving from Rome to Fabriano. It was nice and kinda relaxing to drive in the dark with the cool Italian breeze. The music on the radio was quite Top 40, but it was fun to see what music was on their charts. A lot of Imagine Dragons and Anastasia but it was good music! 
We arrived in Senigallia at about 8pm and it had gotten quite dark and once we got in, it was time to unpack and get dinner started (I was so ready). We chilled around and connected to the wifi so we could be anti-social until food was cooked. It was nice, the three of us just sitting around and having what is now one of my favorite Italian food, Pasta Pesto. It was so nice. The nice cool beer we had went down really well with the homemade pasta, which was heaven after the travelling. That evening, there wasn't much energy left to do much else. so hitting the hay seemed like the best option! I got into bed and tried not to get distracted by social media but that didn't work but eventually sleep came to me. It was in the middle of the night however that I woke up and started to burn up super quick. Which was strange because I had the balcony door open. I got up and checked the heating systems. They were all off. It was really humid at this stage. So I went out to the balcony to see that on the Adriatic Sea, there was lightning hitting the water. I stood and stared at this amazing spectacle until my eyes started to dry out from the dry heat of the lightning. So sleep from there on out was near impossible.

The next morning, my friend and I were stumped for ideas as to how to spend the afternoon while his father. Seeing as it was approaching brunchtime, we headed down the promenade to get to dinner at this small beachfront restaurant. The weather was really nice. It wasn't too hot and the breeze wasn't strong. It was the perfect temperature! We came to this little restaurant. I didn't see any names on it or anything. It had a yellow exterior and looked kind of rustic. (Sorry I don't have the name!). We went and sat down. It was a morning that had me feeling like I wanted to try new things. So looking through the menu, one thing came to my attention. Tortellini. My Italian friends had often spoken about this amazing Tortellini that I could only try in Italy. We placed our orders, the waiting staff looking at me like I was an alien (I'm sure it was my pale complexion). We sat out overlooking the beautiful Adriatic Sea. I'm telling you, nothing is more therapeutic than sitting listening to waves and having some good food. The waitress came back with my tortellini. It was a euphoric moment. Eyebrows raised. Eyes rolling. It was a beautiful moment! The tortellini got a quick death. To the point where I had to waddle out of the restaurant like a penguin. So the only solution was to walk it off.
We walked down along the promenade towards the Rotunda. All along the
beach were different places to eat, people playing beach soccer, volleyball and other games which looked super fun. Let me tell you, Italian people are a beautiful people. Watching people under the sun, they're just a beautiful nation! We kept going until we got to the Rotunda at the end of the promenade. I'm still not sure what the Rotunda was for and neither did my friend, but it was a really pretty building and architecturally cool. With still time to kill, and even though it was mid-afternoon, we went for a drink in the nearest bar. A nice cocktail bar that whipped up a citrus vodka granita which was absolute deliciousness. We spend a little more time at the bar just chatting until we decided to get up and head into the town.
We took the bus into town. We walked from the bus stop across the street and how you got to the town was around the grounds of the Roca Roveresca fortress which is a really cool, really large gothic castle. It was really unique how to get to the town, you had to cross the bridge around the castle. Coming into the city square. The whole place hustled and bustled with people in the darkening evening. Families lounging around having drinks and enjoying the company. So we went and had a look around the little streets and it felt so nice, the atmosphere was perfect. 
It was coming up to 8pm in the evening and my stomach was beginning to tell me it needed feeding. We walked along the streets until we came to this yummy looking pizzeria called Pako's Pizzeria on the Piazza Roma. I ordered the
Rocket Margherita Pizza that was your basic margherita with rocket spread on top which made for a delicious, flavor filled pizza that went down an absolute treat.
We went to walk off the pizza. And came to a nice gelato place called Il Gelato di Rosita. A place that had every type of ice-cream you could want. This proved to be the best dessert to top of the last night in Senigallia before we headed back to Fabriano the day after.
The trip to Senigallia was different and was nice to see a different part of Marche. The food was awesome, the weather was so cool and the whole atmosphere of Senigallia just needs to be experienced.
Pic Cred: cocinadecloe, thetraveltester, 
-
This was my story of Senigallia. If you'd like any more info on Senigallia, contact me (Info in bio)
-
Read, Comment, Like and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment