Wednesday 25 May 2016

Heading Back To Spain

So in March I went on a trip with my class to Madrid which can be read about in my earlier posts. It was honestly such a good trip. I was in awe of the beauty of Madrid and how unique it was. I tried a lot of new things and had some pretty amazing experiences (Falling in love with calamares, seeing a park with two
lakes, dancing salsa and other amazing things).
Coming back from 4 days in Madrid was quite sad but I mean, I had rubbed the foot of the El Oso y el MadroƱo so I knew that eventually I would return to Madrid. It was some place that was amazing in itself but perfect to use as a base to travel to other places. It has a metro, amazing world class attractions and WARM WEATHER!! which is difficult to come by in Ireland. So travelling to the airport, going on the metro, boarding the flight and leaving was no a real happy moment.
Back to reality, it was back to the day in- day out slug of going to college, working and coming home. Don't get me wrong, I love college and love studying tourism but routine can be lethal! 
About two weeks after we arrived back from Madrid, the lecturer who brought us to Madrid, came to me and a few other of my classmates and offered us an amazing opportunity. Do our second year of college in Spain. Of course I jumped at the chance to go! The three of us were given the options: Seville, Malaga, Murcia, Alicante, Valencia and Madrid. Some of which I had never been before. It was difficult to decide between the cities and universities.
The following day however, we were told that Madrid had sparked interest in accepting us for the Erasmus program. The University de Rey Juan Carlos is a
incredible college in which a couple of my Spanish friends. Looking back at pictures from Madrid the first time I went, I became increasingly excited to go to these places again and have Spanish food every day!
The applications have been submitted and fingers crossed they come back with 100% assurances of us going (Otherwise this post was pointless) but moving to Spain for a year should be a really amazing experience. While I am in Madrid, I plan to go on trips and travel more so that I can get more tourism experience and also have loads of content to write and amazing pictures!
Places in Spain I want to travel to while in Spain:

  • Galicia: The region in the North West of the country above Portugal. A friend lives there and it seems like a really cool coastal place to live.
  • Grenada: Down the South of Spain. A historically enriched part of Spain and it's down south so it'll be warm.
  • Cadiz
  • Seville
  • Murcia
  • Bilbao
  • Santander
  • Barcelona
  • Valladolid
  • Salamanca
Besides travelling domestically, I hope to travel abroad on trips also to a few countries. For example;
  • Portugal- It's super close to Spain, so why not!
  • Switzerland
  • Italy
  • The Netherlands
  • Gibraltar
  • Andorra
  • France
Spain should be an amazing experience for me and I encourage anyone in university to do an Erasmus year. Be spontaneous and travel!
"If Adventure is dangerous, try routine, it's lethal!"
-
Read, Comment, Like and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment