Tuesday 26 April 2016

Travelling To Italy: Part 2

The day after arriving in Italy, it was kind of fun waking up with windows open and not die from the cold. The cool breeze coming in along with the nice warm temperature was quite perfect, to be fair. It was just gone 9am and in came the brother of my friend. Have you ever been woken up and not know where you are? It was having one of those moments. Having someone asking me to play
video games and not knowing where I was, I was lowkey having a mini heart attack, which soon subsided as I realized where I was. 
The first morning consisted of looking around the neighborhood of where my friends house was. Rural-ish Italy is probably the most beautiful place for scenic views in the world. The way the whole town revolved around the valleys and the way the whole place looked in around the mountainous area was quite spectacular. In the early afternoon, my friend and I decided to go to town and he would then show me around. 
We got to town and drove down the typical Italian streets that you would see on tv or something which was quite cool. To see how the Italian people would go about their day to day business was interesting and to see how they would walk right in front of moving vehicles with disregard for safety was quite fun too.
Our first stop was to this quite old museum. The museum is the home of paper and watermarks. This museum dates back to the 12th Century which focuses on the process of handmade papermaking and watermarks of Medieval Italy. The museum was really cool as it gave real demonstrations and show the process of
making paper, which was said to stem from the Arab nations, is done. The museum had a beautiful courtyard with a nice fountain in the middle. It was cool to see how they made the paper and the whole process involved.
The rest of the afternoon was actually really relaxing and nice. My friend and I walked around the center park of Fabriano that had a place called Chalet. The Chalet is a gazebo-like structure in the center of the square that had a bar and refreshment stand. The warm air with a cool breeze made walking around the park really nice, especially when you had a granita in your hand. A granita is a semi-frozen dessert drink that is made from sugar, water and whatever flavor you like. It's basically a slushy but with fresh juices. Sitting down under the sun seemed like the perfect time to call anyone who would become jealous when I told them what I was doing, starting with my sister of course.
We continued to look down around the main Piazza. The square hustled with
the coming and going of people going around on their business. And that was was when my stomach started to complain from lack of food. So, it being Italy, why not go for pizza. I asked where was the nicest pizzeria was, and to my greatest luck, the pizzeria was about 50 steps away! And going from my story about Madrid, you all know how important food is to me. Like even spelling the word food makes me emotional, to be completely honest). The pizzeria was called "Pizzeria del Podestá" and it was not the biggest place, but thats what I liked about it. It was small, but it had a lot of customers, which must have proven how good the pizza was! The pizzas were on display and each one were as tempting as the next, the tears at this stage were almost coming down my face. I ordered two slices of different pieces and a drink which came to €2.50. The two slices of pizza I ordered were the basic Margherita pizza and the Pizza al Proscuitto. No joke I almost passed out at the low price. We sat and ate. Let me tell you. The pizza was a godsend. It was absolute bliss in my mouth which again, gave me an emotional experience. The margherita pizza was better than I had tried besides the homemade one I had the night before and the Proscuitto pizza was absolute deliciousness.
After dinner, it was again, time to walk around and see the town in the evening, and while the sun was setting, it made for the perfect backdrop. After spending time strolling about, my friend turned and said "Oh, we were invited to a party and we will go there now!". I was nowhere near in a fit state to meet people. After walking around all afternoon, I was clammy and not dressed to party in anyway at all. Thankfully on the way down to the venue, I managed to run into a pharmacy and freshen up a bit.
We got to the wine bar where this party was being held. It was the 18th birthday of a friend of my friend. The bar was a real swanky kind of place. Some
monochrome, some class paneling, chandeliers and other cool trimming that made this place seem like a luxury restaurant. The name of it was VM18 and it was a really nice place, high ceilings and all, The party was in full swing, and I was impressed to have gotten a free token. I went and introduced myself to the birthday girl and the other guests who already knew who I was, oddly. I walked around and chatted to different people, not very well because my Italian was non-existent but from body language interpretation, they were glad to meet an Irish person... I think. It was cool to see how Italians do their birthday parties and to see what kind of traditions they have for them. As they sang happy birthday, I was over with the food. They had mini pizzas, mini burgers... just mini everything on massive platters. Emotions were extreme at this point.
That night, sleep was easily achieved as my legs were worn out! Between walking throughout the town and dancing at the party, my poor little legs were tired.
*Pic credit: Pinterest, tripwolf.com*
-
Stay tuned for more on my stay in Fabriano and recommendations!
-
Read, Comment, Share and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment