Saturday 2 April 2016

Restaurant Review: Lumberjacks Woodfired Pizza - Tuam

Lumberjacks Woodfired Pizza is a new addition to the restaurant listing in Tuam and today I decided to test it out for myself and see what this new place has in comparison to other restaurants in the town.
Nationally and in other countries that aren't Italy, Pizza is seen as an indulgence kind of food, that
would be gotten as a takeout, usually. In Italy, however, the pizza is one of the main staples of their diet. Upon arriving to Italy myself, I had four homemade pizzas placed in front of me (Made from scratch), to show that Italians really REALLY love pizza.
This pizza place, the substitute for the french-named café that went before and in my opinion, is a better substitute. Walking in, you smell the fresh, out of the oven dough. You hear the (What I assume are Italian) workers shout back and forth like a real pizzeria you'd see in Italy. The place screams authentic.
The interior is very visually pleasing. The ceiling is made of a slate-like material with chalk drawn arrows, pointing you the designated areas and what the workers at these stations do, i.e Take your order at 1, make the pizza at 2 and serve your order at 3. The layout is simple and you can actually see the employee make the pizza with the toppings you have chosen. A sense of awareness and curiosity is
always in the mind of the customer at restaurant in terms of how their food is made and if it is done to a standard, and these employees certainly do it to Italian standard.
The menu is beautifully laid out in color on a chalk board, displaying the 15 different house pizzas as well as the option to create your own. Not only does this restaurant do pizzas but offer a salad option and the option for lite bites including nachos, wedges and garlic bread.
A sample of pizzas offered here are:

  • Ham/Pineapple
  • Gorgonzola/Pecorino/Parmesan/Mozzarella
  • Parma Ham (Real italian)/Rocket/Parmesan
  • 12 Hour Slow Cooked Pulled Pork/Rocket/
A couple of unique ideas I have witnessed from this pizzeria is that they use a "Guinness Dough",
how much more Irish can you get! And they do this neat idea, you bring them your favourite chocolate bar and they will "Pizza it up" for you and turn it into a calzone!
-
Todays Story:
Coming back from a day of shopping, pizza seemed like the best dinner choice for me (Because who wants to cook after shopping... really?). So I considered all the pizza places in town and was reminded of Lumberjacks, which is relatively new to the town and said I'd definitely give it a try. My sister and I went and ordered two pizzas to try out and some of their Tex Mex Salsa & Cheese nachos. The pizzas we ordered were the Parma Ham/Rocket/Parmesan and the Bacon, Chicken, Ham and Pepperoni. (I also ordered a water as to not seem unhealthy. All about that life).
  1. The Tex Mex Nachos: They were honestly the next best thing to Mexican nachos and Mexican salsa. They really made it tasty, the only critique is that they use less cheese but besides that it was a delightful starter and interlude for the pizza.
  2. The Parma Ham/Rocket/Parmesan: My favourite pizza. They dressed a lot of rocket on top which maybe was a bit too much but it was visually beautiful and wasn't long being inhaled. Not eaten, inhaled. The Parma ham was amazing. It tasted just like Italian parma ham and maybe was the real deal, I couldn't be sure but was so good!
  3. The Bacon, Chicken, Ham and Pepperoni: My least favourite of the three things ordered. The pizza was a bit too thin. It was almost wafer thin. But the flavors on top, faultless. It wasn't your usual Pepperoni pizza, swimming in grease. It has the right amount of oil and seasoning.
Probably my top pizza place in Ireland right now, as it was as close to real Italian pizza that I've tried since being in Italy. The nachos were awesome, which I would buy as a snack any day of the week. The layout of the place was impressive and the stone pizza fire was a real cool feature. 
-
Out of 10, I'd give a solid 8.5 mostly due to one pizza being not quite as good as the other, which maybe a bit steep but it's all about consistency.
*Pic Credit: Lumberjacks Facebook Page*
-
My first restaurant/food review! All feedback welcome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment