Thursday 9 June 2016

Interesting Spot: Oranmore (Galway)

Hey guys! As part of my new job, I am away from most social media and my laptop for a majority of the day and when I get time, I'm exhausted, so the frequency in which I will be able to blog will vary and for this, I apologize. 
-
Today, as part of my job, I had to go to a part of Galway (my county) that I have never spent much time in or knew much about the town, We would have always passed through Oranmore on our way to get to the motorway or other parts of Ireland but we never found a reason to stop by.
So today, as part of my new job, I went out and did some maintenance in Oranmore and spent the day there.
The first stop we made, we pulled up and had a look around at the different jobs that needed to be done and the time it would take to do them. As this was going on, I looked on the other side of the road to come across literally, the most beautiful view which kind of made my day! There were cows in the pasture and behind them was Oranmore bay, an inlet that went out into the Atlantic Ocean. Right in the corner of my eye, Oranmore Castle loomed and looked onto the bay, topping off an already picturesque scene. Work became a distraction as I wanted to look and get the proper description of the landscape and the way the water looked with the sun glaring down, but unfortunately, the scenery became a distraction for my work.
After the first part of the job, we continued on to different parts of the town. We moved up the street where the scene of the bay turned into us working along the bridge. Now that became chewing gum for the eyes as it was so beautiful. I kinda just wanted to stop and take it all in. So we continued working with the water and other things and we moved around to different parts of Oranmore.
The people of Oranmore seem really nice. As we worked, no one intruded on our business and we were able to get on with it. They all seem really calm people and they make the area seem nice and warm (and not just the hot weather Ireland has right now).
As I walked around Oranmore, I took in this towns beauty. The nice bay scenery, the nice hum of people and students going about their business. It wasn't overly busy but it was enough to be really relaxed and beautiful. Oranmore gets a good amount of visitors considering that it is a connection route to the M6 motorway from Galway to Dublin.
I recommend coming and taking a look around Oranmore, if you find yourself in the West of Ireland. It's a great spot and the food I saw people eat in the restaurants looked absolutely amazing considering it's coastal, I'd say all the produce is fresh.
Pics of Oranmore to follow
-
Read, Comment, Share and Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment